Thursday 3 January 2013

Painting No. 27 - Secret Project.....Francesca, Supertrailer

I've finished this one but can't reveal it as it's a private commission intended to be a surprise.  Just waiting for it to dry enough to varnish it before sending it off to it's new owner.

Check back in mid Jan 2013 when I should be able to reveal it.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oil on Board 444mm x 555mm

Well here it is.  I can reveal it now as it has arrived safe and sound in Switzerland.  This was quite a challenge as it is based on a photograph taken with a flash.  This had wiped out any sign of shadows on the figure.  I had to resort to using the Value Viewer app on my ipad in order to tease out any residual shading.  In the end this worked very well, especially with the subtle shade variations on the shirt.  As with the Joss Naylor painting I scumbled the background to help bring the figure forward.

Smiles are notoriously difficult but I think I pulled this one off after a couple of attempts.

The more I look at this the more I'm pleased with it.  I think the figure has real depth and stands out well from the background.  I can't wait to see it framed and on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment